Wednesday, January 20, 2016

KCRW's "The Guest DJ Project"

I remember going to Los Angeles in Early 2010 and hearing this segment on KCRW radio called "The Guest DJ Project," which I thought was pretty cool because what they do is they bring one celebrity into their studio -- on the day I was listening, it was Rashida Jones, the beautiful daughter of music mogul Quincy Jones -- and they have them hand-pick five songs to play on the air. I guess this is easy for most of them, but with my musical preferences running the gamut from punk rock, grunge and old-school hip-hop, to outlaw country, classic rock and the delta blues, with some jazz and swing music also mixed in, you can see why I'd have a little bit of a harder time choosing just five songs to reflect my love of music. Nevertheless, I've decided to give it a go.

So if you'd be nice enough to let me Guest DJ your evening, these would be the five original songs I'd play for you, as they pretty well touch on most chambers of my musical heart...

** The Dutchess & The Duke - "Reservoir Park" **

** Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats - "S.O.B." **

** 600 LBS. OF SIN! - "Twenty Nine" **

** Jon Brion - "Here We Go" **

** Esthero - "Wikked Lil' GRRRLS" **

Hope you've enjoyed my all-over-the-place musical tastes by clicking on every song, and if not, oh well, I still got to be a Guest DJ for a night. LOL!

Take care, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment