Sunday, August 23, 2015

They'll Be There For Us!

When my favorite show ever, “Friends,” went off the aire on May 6, 2004, after 10 seasons and 236 episodes, I thought I’d never get to see a brand-new scene starring the six actors again. Fortunately, I was wrong!

Turns out that 9/11 happened the same week Season 8’s second episode was to aire, and because of it, that week’s episode, titled “The One Where Rachel Tells Ross,” had to be rewritten. “Why,” you ask? Because it dealt with airport security and jokes about the B-word -- no, not that one, but rather the one you don’t want to mention in an airport.

Anyway, for some reason – I guess, enough time’s finally passed? – those deleted scenes made it onto the internet recently, and well, me being as awesome as I am, I come bearing that video for my fellow “Friends” fans.

In a related story, a few months ago, Jimmy Kimmel also had a semi-reunion with the cast, as he had the three ladies – Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox & Lisa Kudrow – read some fan fiction that he’d written, wherein he, of course, played the role of “Ross,” the on-again, off-again love interest of Jennifer Aniston’s “Rachel.”

I hope y’all enjoyed this little bit of retro-tainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment